1800 931 129


Our specialist brokers and risk mitigation experts here at Gallagher have partnered with Rugby League Clubs to tailor an Insurance Program encompassing Public and Professional Liability and Personal Accident coverage.


Public Liability Insurance

This liability insurance has been tailored to cover Community Rugby League, its clubs and members for all facets of rugby league including participation, promotion and organisation. As long as a Community Rugby League club is only involved in activities sanctioned by either  NSW, QRL  or other affiliates states (VIC, TAS, NT, WA, SA), you generally won’t require additional Public Liability cover.

However, if your club operates a full time licensed clubhouse, you will likely require additional insurance coverage for this business. Please speak to our Gallagher team if you have any questions about your club’s insurance needs.

Personal Accident Insurance

Where implemented, this Personal Accident Insurance Program provides specified benefits to players who are injured while participating in rugby league. This excludes any medical costs that are covered (or partly-covered) by Medicare. More information on Medicare coverage can be found on the Make A Claim page.  

Gallagher has achieved great value premiums analysing playing risks, premium pooling and working collaboratively with Queensland Rugby League, New South Wales Rugby League and NRL VIC, NT, TAS, WA and SA. This Personal Accident Insurance is a Group Personal Accident Policy, therefore has a standard set of benefits, which you can upgrade by contacting Gallagher via the contact page.

We also strongly recommend players to take out their own personal insurance. Our rugby league specialist brokers can discuss your individual circumstances and the best insurance options for protecting yourself and your future earning potential.

Need to obtain a Certificate of Currency?

Our team can provide you with a Certificate of Currency to confirm the details and currency of the insurance policy.

Get a certificate

Need to make a personal accident claim?

If you’ve had an accident while participating in your sport and need to make claim, download a claims form, complete it and send it to us.

Make a claim

Back to top