1800 931 129


Our harness racing experts here at Gallagher have worked with Harness Racing NSW to create a Sports Injury Cover Program designed to address the unique risks associated with harness racing.

Sports Injury Cover

The Sports Injury Insurance Program covers insured persons (such as licensed trainers, drivers, stable hands, officials and management) anywhere in the world while they are participating in any sanctioned harness racing related activity. This includes direct travel to and from harness relating events.

Who Is Covered?

Insured persons include:

Category 1 Licenced Trainers, Drivers, Monte Riders, Nominated Voluntary Stable Hands of Harness Racing New South Wales including licenced visitors from interstate and/or overseas whilst undertaking Harness Racing NSW activities sanctioned by the Insured.
Category 2 Harness Racing NSW management, employees, all voluntary workers and support committee members of the Insured whilst engaged in voluntary work or travelling directly to or from such work, stewards, swab attendants, starters, freeze branders, stewards/officials from interstate in respect of their involvement with Harness Racing New South Wales, veterinarian employees and any other person in respect of their involvement with Harness Racing NSW in a representative capacity.
Category 3 All attendant licence holders and under 14 stable hands of the Insured.
Category 4 All mini and maxi trotter participants of the Insured.

Need to obtain a Certificate of Currency?

Our team can provide you with a Certificate of Currency to confirm the details and currency of the insurance policy.

Get a certificate

Need to make a personal accident claim?

If you’ve had an accident while participating in your sport and need to make claim, download a claims form, complete it and send it to us.

Make a claim

Back to top